Save time by automating repetitive tasks with Excel macros. Learn how to record, edit, and run simple macros, and program more complex macros with VBA.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Dennis Taylor, and welcome to Microsoft Excel 2016: Macros in Depth. If you want to eliminate some of the drudgery associated with repetitious command sequences and data manipulation tasks, then you need to know more about macros, Excel's automation capability. I'll show you when it's appropriate to use macros, how to create macros by recording keystroke and command sequences, how to expand a macro for more than one task, how to launch macros with keystroke shortcuts and buttons, how to edit VBA code, and how to make sense of the Visual Basic for Applications environment.
I'll show you how to test macros via step mode and split screens and expand the power of macros with do loops and if statements. So let's get started with Excel 2016: Macros in Depth.
- Understanding macros security
- Running macros
- Using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to program macros
- Recording macros
- Expanding macros with the if statement
- Using For…Next, Do While, and Do Until statements to repeat action
- Joining two macros
- Streamlining macros