Take this fun and fast 5-day Excel challenge to test your Excel skills.
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to the 5-Day Excel Challenge. Excel is widely used throughout the world to meet a variety of office needs: keeping track of inventory, maintaining an employee list, planning next year's budget, analyzing sales figures, and on and on. Some tasks are commonly needed and yet don't always fall into neat categories that you can easily look up in an Excel book or through a Google search. The 5 Excel challenges you're about to see in this course range from simple to complex and most of them require knowledge of more than one Excel skill.
They're progressively more difficult but represent the kind of day to day challenges that you might encounter as you use Excel. As you approach these challenges, recognize that there are often multiple ways to solve Excel problems. The answer session will attempt to address many of them as well as emphasizing shortcuts and tips that are both fun and timesavers. The best practices and techniques that make you a more efficient user. So let's get started.
The challenges will ask you to:
- Generate a list of future dates
- Clean up a list of employee data
- Create a dynamic chart
- Create a pivot table to analyze sales data
- Match data across multiple lists
Starter and solution files for Excel 2010, 2013, 365, and Excel for Mac 2011 are provided in the exercise files, so you can follow along with your version of Excel.