Explore all the steps for data modeling with Excel's Power Pivot plugin—adding data sources, setting up relationships, and adding hierarchies—and discover the power of DAX expressions.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Ron Davis, and we're going to look at Data Modeling with Excel PowerPivot. In this course we're going to look at how you source data, bring it into the data model, then once it's in there, you're going to join it together by creating relationships. Further, we'll then take our tables and add calculated fields and calculated columns to them. We'll expand on out and we'll explain to you things such as evaluation context.
We'll go in and we'll look at how to create certain DAX expressions, so that you can create very powerful Pivot tables. Now let's get rolling on Data Modeling with Excel PowerPivot.
- Data modeling concepts and terminology
- Exploring the Power Pivot interface
- Adding data sources
- Working with date tables
- Understanding perspectives and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Getting started with DAX syntax
- Understanding evaluation context