Keep your Microsoft Office documents secure and private with these tutorials for Office 2007, 2010, 2013, and even Office 365.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Curt Frye. Welcome to Securing Microsoft Office Files. In this course, I'll show you how to protect your Microsoft Office files using the programs built in security features. I'll start by showing you how to protect a file using a password, controlling which parts of Word documents and Excel work books users can edit, and hiding Excel worksheets so it is very difficult to find them. Next, I'll show you how to set security levels for Macros, ActiveX controls and other options, as well as, defining trusted publishers and locations.
Finally, I'll show you how to remove sensitive information from a file, check your files for compatibility with other versions of Office, and secure your files using digital certificates. I'm sure you'll find that your time with Securing Microsoft Office Files will be time well spent.
- Protecting files with strong passwords
- Restricting edits in Word documents
- Locking Excel worksheet cells
- Setting macro security levels
- Defining trusted publishers, locations, and documents
- Removing sensitive information with the Document Inspector
- Securing files with digital certificates