Learn how to use the data validation tools in Excel to control how users input data into workbooks and ensure data is entered consistently and accurately.
- [Voiceover] Hi I'm Dennis Taylor and welcome to Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depth. If you need your data to be accurate and you want to enter it quickly then this is the right course for you. I'll show you how to limit the types of numbers you can enter, how to set up error and warning messages and how to set up drop down lists as a way to ensure valid data entry and save a lot of typing effort. I'll also show you methods for controlling the entry of date and time information, as well as limiting the length of text entries.
These are quick and easy ways to greatly increase data accuracy. Let's get started with Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depth.
- Testing for whole numbers and decimals
- Using the input message box
- Sequencing and placing lists
- Creating multitiered lists
- Setting date and time limitations
- Limiting text length
- Locating data validation rules
- Requiring entries to be unique