Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Walk through a scenario presentation, part of Excel: Scenario Planning and Analysis.
- [Instructor] Prospective analysis where you make…your best guess about the future and document them…in a workbook is an essential planning tool.…In this movie, I will show you how to combine…the elements of prospective analysis…into a sample presentation.…The workbook I'll use is Scenarios 0205…and you can find it in the chapter two folder…of your exercise files collection.…Our team was asked to estimate the revenue performance…and cost of goods sold or COGS…of our four leading products for the next fiscal year.…
For revenue projections which are shown in row three,…we interviewed sales managers as well as retailers…to get an internal and external perspective.…For cost of goods sold in row four,…we looked at historical prices and spoke…with factory managers and our suppliers…about how they viewed the coming year.…There's a high variation in input prices…and always uncertainty in demand,…so we've represented each of those elements using…a series of five scenarios.…
The scenario codes are one through five,…one meaning poor which would be lowest revenue…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Designing a scenario-planning exercise
- Estimating scenario plausibility and outcomes
- Establishing parameter value ranges
- Calculating the standard deviation of a dataset
- Indicating the probability of a scenario value occurring
- Walking through a scenario presentation
- Performing retrospective analysis using a PivotTable
- Changing PivotTable summary operations