Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Walk through a scenario presentation, part of Excel: Scenario Planning and Analysis.
- [Instructor] Prospective analysis where you make…your best guess about the future and document them…in a workbook is an essential planning tool.…In this movie, I will show you how to combine…the elements of prospective analysis…into a sample presentation.…The workbook I'll use is Scenarios 0205…and you can find it in the chapter two folder…of your exercise files collection.…Our team was asked to estimate the revenue performance…and cost of goods sold or COGS…of our four leading products for the next fiscal year.…
For revenue projections which are shown in row three,…we interviewed sales managers as well as retailers…to get an internal and external perspective.…For cost of goods sold in row four,…we looked at historical prices and spoke…with factory managers and our suppliers…about how they viewed the coming year.…There's a high variation in input prices…and always uncertainty in demand,…so we've represented each of those elements using…a series of five scenarios.…
The scenario codes are one through five,…one meaning poor which would be lowest revenue…
- Designing a scenario-planning exercise
- Estimating scenario plausibility and outcomes
- Establishing parameter value ranges
- Calculating the standard deviation of a dataset
- Indicating the probability of a scenario value occurring
- Walking through a scenario presentation
- Performing retrospective analysis using a PivotTable
- Changing PivotTable summary operations
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2016: Business Process Analysiswith Curt Frye1h 25m Intermediate
1. Introducing the Art of Scenario Planning
2. Manage Scenarios in Excel
3. Establish Parameter Value Ranges
4. Present Scenarios Using PivotTables
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.