If you are trying to calculate future dates, as you might, for example, with a…project length, it will be helpful to know how many days into the future the…actual date will be.…For example, suppose you started a project on May 27 in 2010, and it's estimated…that it's a 120-day project.…Certainly, 120 days difference is easy to calculate in Excel, but I think, almost…immediately, you would recognize a shortcoming.…Simple formula here will be equal the starting date, which is in D2, plus 120…to give us this date.…
How many days is 120 days from this date? There it is.…But this is an actual day count.…It includes weekends.…What we want to do is count the actual working days.…So we use a function called workday.…The Starting Date is that May 27 date, comma,…here is the Project Length, 120 days.…We are ignoring Holidays for the moment, but let's not count the weekend days,…and that's what happens with the workday function.…
Instead of this project ending on September 24, the real ending date is going to…
- Understanding how Excel records and stores dates and times
- Looking at standard date/time entry options and acceptable alternatives
- Using the TODAY and NOW functions
- Customizing date formats
- Exploring keyboard shortcuts
- Formatting time for hours over 24
- Calculating differences across dates and times
- Rounding calculations
- Working with holidays
- Validating with dates
- Converting formatted dates to usable data
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2007: Introduction to Formulas and Functionswith Curt Frye2h 26m Intermediate
1. Excel's Date/Time System
2. Creating Date/Time Entries
3. Date/Time Formatting
4. Excel's Date/Time Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates and Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.