Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Visual reports, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Reports.…Reports are a form of visualization in your dashboard.…If I look at the reports, I look at these two I've created for…you over here, I've got a graph and…then I've got another report down here that is in your standard textual layout.…To create a report, all we need to do is right click > New > Report.…Let's take a look.…Analytic Chart and Analytic Grid, so called because these two reports…are designed to be used by people that are going to do analytics in the dashboard.…
These other reports really I'm just bringing information in.…If we look, Excel Services says create a new view of an Excel Services workbook.…That's essentially the same thing as we did in an earlier chapter where we…created a web part and added it to a page.…I'll come back to details.…Reporting Services.…If you have a Reporting Services report we import it here.…It's important to note, if you are using Reporting Services, the visualizations…that are available currently in reporting services, that is, the different types of…graphs are far more robust than what we have in performance point services.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.