Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Visio drawings with data connections, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Using Visio, we can also create a data-connected drawing and what I've…created here is just a little spreadsheet in Excel that has just simply North and…16 in it and I'm going to use that as a source.…I'm going to go to Visio,…and I've going to create a new drawing, just blank, and US Metric's fine.…Now, I'm going to put a shape on it and…we'll take, basic shapes, and we'll take a circle.…Grab that and drop her and let's go home, and…I'm going to change the fill of it, just because I don't like blank.…
There we go.…So, now we're going to go to Data,…External Data Window and link data to shape.…So what I want to do is I'm going to link that spreadsheet into the shape.…Excel next, and…I'm going to browse into to my location which was desktop Visio connected.…The name of the workbook Sheet 1 that's the only sheet and…select columns there's only one column so of course that's the one next and…finish and now you see there we have down below 16 which is my…external data if I grab that drag it up here I can link it into this shape.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.