Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Visio drawings in the browser, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Visio services is going to give us the ability in business intelligence to take…a Visio drawing and to show it on a Webpage that we might use in a dashboard.…I have here Visio-Op and I've a very simple little Visio drawing.…The idea of this course is not really to teach you Visio.…If you're interested in Visio,…the lynda.com Online Library has a lot of excellent courses on it.…So I'm just going to save this and I'm going to save it to the desktop.…You can see that I saved it here to the desktop, and…I cleverly called it Drawing1.…
So now I know it's on the desktop.…Let's switch over to, Internet Explorer and…now I'm on my business intelligence site.…So I'm going to go to site contents, and I'm going to go into the document library.…We'll upload the document, click New Document, browse to the desktop.…There's Drawing1 and we're okay and drawing one has shown up.…Now all I need to do is click on Drawing1.…Visio services detected it, it was indeed a Visio drawing and…there is my drawings shown in a web part.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.