Instructor Josh Rischin shows how use OneDrive to restore previous versions of an Excel Online workbook.
- [Interviewer] Don't you hate that feeling…when you've made a change to a workbook, closed it,…and want to revert back to how it used to look?…Many of you may be aware that Excel Online…auto-saves changes, but don't stress.…Luckily, Excel Online has inbuilt version history…capabilities to easily restore a file…to how it used to look.…If you'd like to follow along,…make sure you have XOL Version Management open.…Let's make a simple change to this dataset.…I'm just going to highlight the header row.…I'm going to make the text bold by selecting control b…on the keyboard, and then I'm going to close the file.…Let's jump into OneDrive.…
You may need to refresh the browser…to see the file date and modified change.…As you can see, the file was modified…just a few seconds ago.…Let's click on the tick to the left of the file…and then navigate to the top right of the screen…and select version history.…Excel Online presents you with all previous version…histories of the file.…Navigate to the one that you wish to restore to…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.