In this video, the instructor explores several different ways to aggregate and summarize raw values values within a PivotTable, including Sum, Count, Average, Max, Min, and more.
- [Instructor] Alright, welcome to section five,…Calculated Values and Fields.…Now we're really starting to cruise,…we're really starting to unlock…some of the true, analytical potential of pivot tables.…We started to get there with sorting and filtering tools,…which can be really valuable,…but calculated values and fields,…this is where we're going to be creating brand new metrics.…We're going to be customizing how we're showing…and calculating values in our tables,…and we'll really start opening the door…for some much more advanced and creative analysis.…
So let's start simple with summarizing values.…In every pivot table value field,…there's a "summarize values by" option,…and this determines how numbers should be treated…when they're rolled up or aggregated.…So let me give you an example.…So far in this course,…we've been spending a lot of time focusing on budgets…and revenues for movie titles,…and those titles can be rolled up or aggregated…at higher levels, by genre or by country,…and when we roll up those revenue numbers,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.