Value filters allow you to include or exclude items using numerical or value-based criteria (greater than, less than, equal to, and so on). In this video, the instructor demonstrates several approaches for using these value filters to drill down to specif
- Now we talked about label filters,…which are text based filters.…Now we're going to talk about the value filters,…which, as you might expect, are triggered…by value based criteria.…This is where you see those typical conditional statements…like equals, does not equal, greater than, less than,…between or top 10, and to be honest,…most of these are super straightforward.…If you drill into any of these options,…just like with the label filters, you do have the option…to toggle those different conditionals from right here…within this dialog box and then all the way on the left,…you can choose which value you're interested in.…
So in this case, I have two values columns here in my pivot…sum of budget, and gross revenue, so I can apply this value…title to either one of them.…So for instance, sum of budget equals 12 million…will obviously filter my list to only titles…with a budget exactly equal to 12 million.…Same idea as label filters as far…as clearing them is concerned.…I can clear them right from here in the column header.…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.