One of the most powerful PivotTable features is the ability to display values in multiple ways. In this video, Chris introduces some of the most common and powerful options, including % of Column, % of Parent, Difference From, Running Total, and more.
- [Instructor] Alright next up we have something called…show values as.…And this is one of the single most powerful and important…capabilities that pivot tables have to offer.…So take notes, pay attention,…this is really important stuff.…You'll find the show values as menu…right beneath the summarized values by options…that we just talked about.…Basically what show values as options do…is they allow you to provide additional layers…of calculations that change the way you view the numbers…based on your pivot table view.…
So it's important to distinguish this from the…summarized values options that we just talked about.…So think of it this way, summarize actually determines…how the actual core numbers are calculated…as their aggregated.…So as a sum count average min max,…by contrast the show values as options allow you to look…at those numbers and display those numbers…through all sorts of different lenses to add more insight.…So in this case here in the screenshot we're looking at,…we've got a metric called order quantity.…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.