When filtering in a text column, options include: Equals, Does Not Equal, Begins With, Ends With, Contains, and Does Not Contain. Furthermore, as a substitute for Contains, you can type entries in the Search panel as the list below it shrinks as you type each additional character. Pressing OK reveals the filtered list.
- [Voiceover] When you filter data,…Excel recognizes the nature of the data in various columns…and gives you a different set of filters.…In this list here, in a worksheet called TextFilter,…I'm about to apply filter, Data tab,…there's that Filter icon, click it, we see the arrows.…Columns A, B, and C all have text in them.…Scrolling off to the right a little bit,…column G has dates in it, column I has years,…column K compensation.…If we click the arrow for column K out here,…we see the option Number Filters,…with a number of choices here…for date, column G here, click the drop arrow,…Date Filters, a ton of options related to dates.…
Over here in columns A, B, or C, click the drop arrow.…These are text fields, we see Text Filters.…Now, you can use Text Filters in a couple of ways…and indirectly with the search box right below it.…For example, in this list here, I'm searching…for all those departments that contain the word service.…It could be at the beginning, at the end,…or in the middle somewhere, I don't care where it is…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.