Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using text filters, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- It's not unusual, when filtering,…to be working with text fields.…In this worksheet called Text Filter, let's imagine…that we want to apply a filter.…We're concerned about some of the data in column C,…and maybe also in column F.…We can apply a filter a number of ways,…Data menu, top of the screen, filter,…certainly one way,…the arrows are visible,…let's use the drop arrow here.…Now, under "choose one" you'll see some choices here,…equals, does not equal, begins with,…sometimes we might have a particular need…for those also, we'll see,…contains, does not contain.…
I'm looking for departments that have the word…service in them.…I don't know the company that well,…I don't know the organization,…I'm not sure how often this will appear,…so how about contains?…And I'll type in service.…You'll notice the word service we're seeing…in the background now,…services we've got in two cases,…I didn't necessarily know that every time we'd see service…we'd see services, but nevertheless…it's true that what we're seeing in the background,…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.