Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using table formatting features, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this workbook, we're looking at a worksheet…called Table Conversion.…When you work with large lists of data,…there are some advantages to converting the data…into what's called a table.…And you'll recognize that there is a tab…in the ribbon called Tables.…The data that we're about to work with here…has no empty rows within it.…That's a prerequisite.…Make sure that the data that you're working with…has no empty rows, no empty columns.…But what's the real reason or the rationale…for wanting to convert data to a table?…If you do, you will have some formatting advantages,…also some content advantages.…
In this movie, we'll show you how to create a table,…in other words, convert data into a table,…and then see some of the formatting advantages.…In a subsequent movie, we'll talk about…the formula aspects of data converted to a table.…You don't have to highlight all the data,…but do make sure that it's together in one solid cluster,…as this data is right here.…On the tab called Tables,…the button off to the left, simply click New.…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.