Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using table data-handling features, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you convert data to a table…as we're about to do with this list,…you do get some obvious visual differences,…we covered those in a previous movie.…There are also some content differences…that maybe of value to you.…We can convert this data to a table…by way of the Tables tab, left button here,…or simply press ctrl + t, T as in table.…And we've got a creation here.…If we don't like the look of this…of course we can go to the Table Styles list here…and pick a different one, lots to choose from here.…
And lots of indecision perhaps along the way.…So this data is a table.…Off to the right, as we're scrolling here,…we see the field names here.…We may want to add additional information.…If you add additional information…below the table at the bottom…or on the right side that information…automatically becomes part of the table.…Let's first go to the bottom of the list here,…I'll double-click the bottom edge of any cell here.…And maybe I'm gonna type in a new name here.…Now I'm not gonna do much typing,…it'll be a short name…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.