To identify list records that have been duplicated, first sort the list by a column that has duplicates. In a nearby empty column fill it with an array formula that compares each cell in one row with each cell in the same column in the next row. For example: =IF(AND(B2:K2=B3:K3),"Dup","Unique"); press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- [Voiceover] This worksheet is called IdentifyingDuplicates…and if you saw the previous movie…you would know that by looking at the data here…if we wanted to get rid of duplicate records…we could simply do that with the Remove Duplicates feature…found on the Data tab,…but let's say what we really want to do here…is identify which records have been duplicated.…So it is important that the data be sorted.…We'll click in column A,…click the AZ button,…we've got a sorted list,…if any two people have the same name they'll be together,…but we won't be checking just the names,…we'll be checking all the other columns as well.…
So let's add a new column by right-clicking column A,…Insert.…Now I wanna show you two methods…of identifying whether there's a duplicate or not.…We'll start in cell A2…and type =if.…We're gonna be using the IF function…along with the AND function.…And here's what we're about to say using and…we're gonna be checking to see if cell B2…is =B3,…and if cell C2 is =C3,…and if cell D2=D3…and so on and so on and so on.…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.