- [Instructor] For many Excel users,…writing formulas is one of the most common things they do.…Now, many times formulas are straightforward,…they're simple, easy to use.…They do start with a concept, though,…that might surprise you a little bit.…We want to calculate profits on this worksheet.…Worksheet's called Formulas.…It's in the workbook 03 - Creating Formulas and Functions.…The total here is going to be 20.…We're going to be subtracting these two cells.…But we don't type 120 or 100.…All formulas in Excel begin with the equal sign,…and though we can occasionally and want to use…external numbers, most of the time we use addresses.…
We want to say, in effect, whatever is in B2,…from that we want to take away whatever's in in B3.…So we write the formula, and this is one of three major ways…to write a formula, we type in the location…of the first cell, B2, minus B3, Enter or Tab,…we have our answer.…Another way to type this, so I delete this entry, equal,…then use the arrow keys to go to the cell you're interested.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.