When you filter in a numeric column, options related to numeric data are available: Equals, Does Not Equal, Greater Than, Greater Than Or Equal To, Less Than, Less Than Or Equal To, Between, Top 10, Above Average, and Below Average. All options except the last two, activate the Custom AutoFilter dialog box.
- [Voiceover] In this worksheet called numeric filter,…we want to see for the moment only salaries…that fall within a certain range.…So activating filter from the data tab in the ribbon,…we see the filter arrows and Excel,…again, recognizes the data.…As I click the drop arrow for comp,…number filters automatically kicks in.…We might wanna find all entries here…where the compensation amounts fall within a certain range.…So here's an option called between, easy to get to,…and the feature automatically activates…the custom autofilter here.…
So if we wanna see just those compensation amounts…between 80 and 100,000, 80,000 here, and here 100,000.…Now it's possible that some of the compensation amounts…might be exactly 80,000 or exactly 100,000.…Think about whether you want this to be the actual test.…Between the way it's used here would be inclusive.…So if you don't want to include someone…that makes exactly 100,000, you could change…this lower panel here to say instead of…is less than or equal to, how about simply less than?…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.