Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using numeric filters, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this workbook we're looking at a worksheet…called "Numeric Filter."…When you filter a list, if the field you're working with…is a numeric field, Excel recognizes that kind of data…and gives you options not available…when using text filters.…And certainly a different set of features available…for when you're using a date filter.…Let's apply a filter to this list here…by way of the Data tab with the Filter button…off to the left.…I'll scroll over to the right a bit.…Let's consider some of the options under the…"Compensation" field in Column J.…
Click the drop arrow here, Choose One.…Equals, Does Not Equal, Greater Than,…et cetera, et cetera, lots of choices here.…How about Above Average?…All these compensation amounts that we're seeing…are above average.…That's probably not a a great tool to use…in this example since we've got different kinds…of status here, so the number perhaps…is a little bit misleading.…But recognize with certain kinds of entries…that would be an ideal choice.…You don't even need to know what the average is,…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.