Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using menu icons to sort, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- We're looking at a worksheet called MenuIconSort.…You can sort by icons, particularly if you're only sorting…on the basis of what's in one column.…As we look at this list, it's about 700 rows or so,…it's in order by Employee Name.…We might want to sort it by Department.…We're not concerned about any subsidiary…or secondary order here.…We'll simply click in Column C.…Where in Column C?…Anywhere, but do not click the column itself,…simply a column cell.…
One of the cells, it could be C1, C3, whatever.…There are two buttons on the screen…that would allow us to sort.…You'll see one in the Standard Toolbar.…Sometimes this appears as a Z,…other times it appears as ZA.…We can click it.…Similarly, on the Data tab in the ribbon,…the leftmost button,…we see that same kind of button, slightly larger.…If it says AZ and do want to sort this list…in Ascending order, then we'll click it.…It's in order by Department.…Now you might not have noticed…that within each Department,…for example, Admin Training, what order are they in,…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.