- Two other functions, AND and OR,…are sometimes used with the IF function.…In this particular worksheet,…we've got a formula here in Excel I2 using the IF function.…Simple, straightforward formula.…But this company has changed its mind…about how it gives bonuses,…and for the moment has decided to only give bonuses…to full-time people who have a good job rating.…The formula as we see it now checks simply…for the job rating to be four or five.…
We want to add to it the additional requirement…that the status must be full time.…We're going to precede our condition here…with the word "and."…As you type a function name, no need to capitalize it,…and, left parenthesis ...…We already have one criterion in place,…and that is, the job rating has to be four or five.…Comma.…But another criterion will be…that this cell H2, for this particular example,…must be equal to full time.…
When you're checking for a text kind of situation,…we use double quotes and then the text in question.…Spacing is absolutely critical.…Strangely enough, the upper or lowercase isn't,…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.