Creating a formula in a table automatically causes the formula to be copied down the column. Table formulas include the field name (the column header) automatically unless you type specific cell addresses. Although unwieldy, table formulas provide better documentation and eliminate unnecessary formula copying.
- [Voiceover] There's one aspect of working with tables…that for some people is not a plus.…It's how we work with formulas.…Now there are some advantages to the method…we'll be seeing here,…and potentially some disadvantages.…This worksheet's called Table Formulas.…This data has been converted to a table,…I have turned off the filter arrows,…we don't need them in this movie,…but I'm about to add a new field to the right…to calculate a new compensation.…And as we start to work with formulas in tables…you'll see some unusual notation pop up.…
I'm going to zoom in by holding down Control,…using the mouse wheel,…and as I put a heading in here…if you work with tables you know that immediately…this heading and the remainder of column K…down to the bottom of the list…will automatically become part of the table.…We've got compensation amounts in column J,…the heading here is gonna be called New Comp.…And as I press Enter you see what's happening,…the column is automatically part of the table.…I'm going to run a formula here…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.