Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using and extending AutoSum, part of Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
For almost every Excel user, the most commonly used function is SUM, S-U-M.…It's so frequently use that in Excel in the Ribbon, we see a special button for summing twice.…We see it on the Home tab in the Editing group on the right-hand side.…It's called AutoSum.…It's the Greek letter Sigma.…We also see it on the Formulas tab, on the left side.…In both cases, there is a drop arrow associated with it, which we'll also see in…a minute or so here.…
The AutoSum button is designed to add from the left or from above, and many…Excel users encounter it practically on day one of Excel. We're in cell G2.…We want to add the cells from the left? In either case, we can click AutoSum, and…Excel tells us what it's about to do.…And even if you were brand-new, in terms of using functions, I think as soon…as you see what we're seeing here, you're going to figure out what it's going to do.…It says SUM (B2:F2) and sure enough, it's going to add up all those numbers.…
And typically we do what?…We press Enter or we click the button again.…
- Referencing, copying, updating, and converting formulas
- Using the logical functions and creating compound logic tests
- Searching for and matching data based on specific criteria
- Reconfiguring cell data using text functions
- Calculating dates, times, and days of the week
- Analyzing mathematical and financial data
- Using the power functions, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, and AVERAGEIFS
- Working with rounding functions
- Returning cell references
Skill Level Advanced
1. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
2. Formula and Function Tools
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Power Functions
6. Statistical Functions
7. Date Functions
8. Math Functions
9. Array Formulas and Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Financial Functions
12. Information Functions
13. Reference Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.