Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Cleaning Up Your Excel 2010 Data.
If you are a Premium member of the lynda.com Online Training Library, or if you are watching this tutorial on a DVD-ROM, you have access to the exercise files used throughout this title. As you open a file, as I am now, you will see that there are a number sheet tabs. Many of these will be referred to in the training. Here and there you will see a tab that is not used at all. If you are Monthly subscriber or Annual subscriber to lynda.com, you don't have access to the exercise files, but you can follow along from scratch with your own files.
Let's get started.
- Moving or inserting rows and columns of data with a simple drag
- Using Text to Columns
- Harnessing the Find and Replace command to replace data at the character level
- Dealing with special characters and wildcards during search
- Converting dates with text functions
- Converting text data to values/numbers
- Checking and correcting spelling mistakes
- Splitting data into multiple columns via the Text to Columns feature
- Combining data from different columns via concatenation
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting Excel formulas on lynda.com.