Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Excel 2010: Financial Functions in Depth.
For those of you, who have an annual subscription to the Online Training Library…or who have a monthly premium subscription, you'll have access to the exercise…files for this course.…I've put my Exercise Files folder on my Desktop.…So if I want to use the files, I can just double-click the folder and then…double-click the chapter that I'm working in. And then if I want to open a file,…I can just double-click it and it will open in Excel.…If you aren't an annual or a monthly premium subscriber then you won't have the files, …but you can follow along or create your own resources so that you can…work through the steps that I described.…
- Analyzing loans, payments, and interest
- Discovering the interest rate of an annuity
- Determining depreciation using the straight line, declining balance, double-declining balance, and other methods
- Calculating the future value of an investment with variable returns
- Finding the discount rate of a security
- Converting between fractional prices and decimal prices
- Determining the yield of securities that pay interest periodically
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Where can I learn more about Excel formulas?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting <a href="../../../discover/excel-formulas">Excel formulas on lynda.com</a>.
Managing and Analyzing Data in Excel 2010with Dennis Taylor1h 32m Appropriate for all
Excel 2010: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor59m 45s Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Calculating Prices and Yields of Securities with Odd Periods
Additional resources1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.