Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Microsoft Excel: Using Solver for Decision Analysis.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course, I will be referring to exercise files that you can download from the course website. I have downloaded those files to an Exercise Files folder on my desktop. If you want to use any of the files, you can open the folder by double-clicking it and you will see a folder for each of the chapters that have files, one through four. If you want to use the files for a particular chapter, you can just double-click that chapter and open the files as you go along. The structure of this course is such that I have provided solution files that show all the changes that I make in an extra file that you can refer to at the end.
If you haven't downloaded the exercise files, you can create your own resources or just follow along.
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Tuning investment portfolios
- Organizing worksheets
- Creating objective and control formulas
- Experimenting with different constraints
- Optimizing resource placement
- Defining decision trees