Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Microsoft Excel: Using Solver for Decision Analysis.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course, I will be referring to exercise files that you can download from the course website. I have downloaded those files to an Exercise Files folder on my desktop. If you want to use any of the files, you can open the folder by double-clicking it and you will see a folder for each of the chapters that have files, one through four. If you want to use the files for a particular chapter, you can just double-click that chapter and open the files as you go along. The structure of this course is such that I have provided solution files that show all the changes that I make in an extra file that you can refer to at the end.
If you haven't downloaded the exercise files, you can create your own resources or just follow along.
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Tuning investment portfolios
- Organizing worksheets
- Creating objective and control formulas
- Experimenting with different constraints
- Optimizing resource placement
- Defining decision trees