Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Excel: Creating a Basic Dashboard.
- [Narrator] If you have a premium subscription to the lynda.com online training library, then you have access to the exercise files for this course. I downloaded the files to a folder named Exercise Files on my desktop and when I double-click, I see a folder for each of the two chapters of the course. If I want to use one of the files, I can just double-click the folder that it's contained in and then double-click the file to open it. If you don't have a premium subscription, you are more than welcome to create your own resources or just follow along.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing data using Excel tables
- Managing PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Summarizing table and PivotTable data
- Defining conditional formats
- Creating sparklines
- Sketching your dashboard layout
- Creating and managing cell links
- Linking cell contents to a shape
- Linking to a PivotTable cell
- Extending your dashboard using hidden rows