Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Creating a Basic Dashboard in Excel 2016.
- [Narrator] If you have a premium subscription to the lynda.com online training library, then you have access to the exercise files for this course. I downloaded the files to a folder named Exercise Files on my desktop and when I double-click, I see a folder for each of the two chapters of the course. If I want to use one of the files, I can just double-click the folder that it's contained in and then double-click the file to open it. If you don't have a premium subscription, you are more than welcome to create your own resources or just follow along.
- Managing data using Excel tables
- Managing PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Summarizing table and PivotTable data
- Defining conditional formats
- Creating sparklines
- Sketching your dashboard layout
- Creating and managing cell links
- Linking cell contents to a shape
- Linking to a PivotTable cell
- Extending your dashboard using hidden rows