Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of The 5-Day Excel Challenge.
- The exercise files for this course are available to all lynda.com members. Download the files to a desktop location and open the exercise files. You'll see that there's one for each day. As you open the folder, you'll see that there's a Challenge file which shows the file before you actually work on it, and then a Solution file which shouldn't be opened until after the solution is accomplished. That can be useful for comparing your work with my solutions. In the discussion, we'll talk about multiple methods in some cases of how to solve the challenge.
The challenges will ask you to:
- Generate a list of future dates
- Clean up a list of employee data
- Create a dynamic chart
- Create a pivot table to analyze sales data
- Match data across multiple lists
Starter and solution files for Excel 2010, 2013, 365, and Excel for Mac 2011 are provided in the exercise files, so you can follow along with your version of Excel.