When filtering in a date column, numerous options appear, including: day (tomorrow, today, yesterday), week (Next, This, Last), Month (Next, This, Last) and similar breakouts for Quarter and Year. Additional choices are offered after selecting All Dates in the Period - individual quarters and months.
- [Voiceover] On this worksheet called DateFilter,…we've got a list and you can probably see…Column G has dates in it.…And we might want to filter the data on the basis of dates.…As soon as we apply the filter by going to the Data tab…and choosing Filter, we see the filter arrows.…The drop arrow for date has an option called Date Filters…and quite a few choices.…Now, the data we're looking at happens to be Hire Date,…and so I doubt if you'd be too concerned…about Tomorrow, Today, Yesterday,…Next Week, This Week, Last Week.…But what if the data were transaction data,…maybe historical data or recent data?…You certainly might want to consider looking…at yesterday's data,…Last Week, Last Month, Last Quarter, Last Year.…
So a lot of options there.…Or even Year to Date.…If it's projection data,…possibly you'd be interested in Tomorrow,…or Next Week, Next Month, Next Quarter, Next Year,…and so on, so lots of options here if we have date entries.…We can also find all entries before or after.…Let's find out all the people hired after,…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.