Join Jennifer McBee for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the challenges, part of Excel 2010: Prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Exam (77-882).
- [Narrator] This course includes two kinds of learning supports to help you deepen your comprehension. Knowledge checks are brief questions that ask you to reflect and then write a response using the integrated note taking tool. You'll then compare your response to the author's answer and make revisions to your work if you want. Challenges are hands on practice activities where you can hone your skills. I'm gonna go ahead and open up one of the challenge files, open. Here's the chapter two challenge.
And as you can see these challenges have a set of objectives which I want you to complete on your own. However each challenge is followed by a solution video where I'll show you how I solve the objectives step by step. Now what you'll notice is the instructions are on one worksheet and then the other worksheets that you'll use during the challenge will be listed below. Instead of having to click back and forth between the instructions and the worksheets that you'll be using, let me show you what I think is an easier way to view the information.
I'm gonna go to my view tab and click new window. And what this does is it opens a second copy of the same workbook. Notice the name is changed, 02_06_Challenge2. Now if I go to arrange all and chose horizontal, click ok. Now I can see different worksheets within the same workbook, one above the other. So what I recommend is keep the instructions open down below and then use the window up above to work on each of the worksheets.
I think this will make it easier for you to complete the challenges.
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.