The Top-Ten option, available when filtering only in numeric columns, is not limited to showing just 10 entries, but can be any number you choose. Similarly, the Top option can de changed to Bottom and instead of getting a list based on count, you can get a list based on percent, like Top 15 percent.
- [Voiceover] On this worksheet called Top Ten Filter,…we've activated the filter, and on numeric fields,…you'll see an option called top 10.…I'm clicking the arrow for column I, compensation.…Number filters, top ten, now,…top 10 is a little bit of a misnomer,…because top could just as easily be bottom,…we can make the choice here, 10 can be any number…we want it to be, we can either type in the number here,…or use the arrow keys, and although it says items,…and often you will use this, we could choose percent.…
So, in this particular list, it's got a little…under 700 rows, if we choose percent,…and we get the top 10 percent, we're gonna get about…68, 69, 70 records, something like that, showing.…If we choose 10, meaning items, we'll simply get 10 items.…For example, right here, remember, this is based…on what's in column I, the top 10 items, click OK.…There they are, the top 10 compensation amounts.…They're not necessarily sorted,…but we can do that easily, too, with the dropper,…if we wanted to, simply click there,…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.