- Excel has two functions that allow us to insert…the current date or the current time instantly.…We can also use these functions…in a dynamic way in formulas.…First of all, if we want to put in…the current date simply as a static entry,…I'm going to press ctrl + ;.…Now, at the time of this recording it…is the twenty second of October 2014.…The current time right now as I am talking is 12:04 pm.…Those kinds of entries will not change.…
This is just a shortcut for entering…the current date or the current time.…If I do this tomorrow, it's gonna say…10/23/14, and so on and so on.…But sometimes we wanna use the current date…in a way that it's always current.…What if I open and close this worksheet…at a different times and maybe I want to use…that current date entry so it's always accurate.…=today, you need only type…the left parenthesis, press enter.…It's one of those functions that contains…an open and closed pair but nothing between it.…
Click here, look in the formula bar…or double click in the cell, and see how it looks.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.