- [Narrator] When you start using Excel, you're likely…to see a screen something like this, and if you choose…blank workbook, you'll have a blank workbook,…it's likely to have a name like Book1,…sometimes Book2, Book3, if you create other workbooks later.…Now, I'm going to put in a minimal amount of data here,…I'll type in sales right here,…then expenses, and then profits.…And, right here I'll put in January,…and drag that off to the right.…
I'll get to the numbers later, and I'll zoom in,…that slider bar in the lower right hand corner.…Drag that to the right. Now, periodically, when…you work with Excel, you need to save your work,…if there's a power failure right now,…or if I accidentally turn off the computer,…I've got to do this all over again, and what…if I had filled in a lot of numbers here, and formulas,…what if it's a lot bigger, and I haven't saved?…When it comes time to save though, you go to the file tab,…there are two commands, which one should we use?…Save or Save As? If there's any doubt whatsoever, about…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Creating Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.