Use COUNTIF to count the number of occurrences of data within a range. Use SUMIF and AVERAGEIF to expand this functionality by tabulating data in a parallel range. Use the COUNTIFS, SUMIFS and AVERAGEIFS functions to count the number of occurrences based on multiple criteria, all of which must be met.
- [Voiceover] In this worksheet called Countif Sumif,…I want to make you aware of a family of functions,…starting with Countif and Sumif and Averageif…and their related plural counterparts,…Countifs, Sumifs, and Averageifs,…and two relatively new functions…added in 2016, Maxifs and Minifs.…These functions are ideally used…to tabulate data out of large lists.…In many ways, these give you some of the same answers you…would get if you create a pivot table based on this data.…
We're looking at the data here,…and the question has come up,…how many full time people do we have?…Well, let's count them using the function Countif.…Now, I've got the phrase Full Time up here and Contract…just so I don't have to type them,…but I'll show you how in a formula here…we can use either approach.…=countif(…where are we looking? We're looking in column B,…comma, what are we looking for?…How often do we see full time?…I can type double quote, full time, double quote,…nothing wrong with that, but I do have it…in a nearby cell, I put this here earlier,…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Workshop: Working with Real-Time Datawith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Data-Analysis Fundamentals with Excelwith Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.