- [Instructor] Excel's menu system at the top of the screen…consists of a series of tabs,…home, insert, page layout, et cetera.…And below that, a bunch of icons,…and sometimes we call these commands too.…The entire menu system is referred to as the ribbon.…And actually a part of it,…although sometimes we think of it…as being somewhat isolated,…above this, is something called the quick access toolbar.…At the moment it's quite small.…We'll talk about that in a bit.…As you work with Excel you need these buttons often.…Now you certainly don't need every one of them.…Some of these you'll never use.…
The home tab is likely to present on your screen…much of the time.…As we work with data there's bold, italic,…lots of buttons here.…As I click insert, we'll see a whole new series of buttons.…And in some of these you can just see by the names…of what they involve.…Pivot tables, these chart icons here,…something called spark lines filters,…lots of choices there too.…Page layout as the name suggests,…suggest printing perhaps, getting ready for printing.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.