Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Prediction Calculator, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Alright, now we'll look at the Prediction Calculator.…The Predication Calculator is a form of 'what if'.…So if we just run this down here, and what we want to look…at is Purchased Bike, and we'll change this over to a Yes.…And I'm not printing anything so I just want Spreadsheets.…So I call Run.…Again, it's analyzing the patterns that are in the table,…and it produces these two charts we have down here.…And what this has is this false positive and true positive.…
The impact of us saying that a positive, that is, a certain…factor will cause them to buy a bike and we're wrong,…and we say that has a factor of 10, and then we say a true…positive, the profit from a true positive is 10.…So if you watch this chart over in here and I say my false…positives are really high, I change that over to a 25,…and you can see now it's moved on up, so we want to...…If I move it down to a five then that drops it's header.…
So it depends on how you see the cost…of making incorrect statements is.…And this is the information that it got, all of the…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.