Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Using PivotTable data in a formula, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you create a formula…it's always a good idea to draw the formula's…values from the original data source.…That way if the source changes…your formulas result will update…the next time Excel re-calculates a workbook.…But what do you do if your pivot table…contains data drawn from an outside source…and you can't get at the original table?…Well in that case you can refer to a cell…within the pivot table using a get pivot data function.…In this movie I'll show you how to create…those functions and as my sample file…I will use the get pivot data Excel workbook…which you can find in the chapter two…folder of your exercise files collection.…
If I want to create a formula that uses…a value from a pivot table…I create that formula like I would any other.…So I click in the cell where I want it to go,…in this case cell F-2.…Type in the equal sign.…And then let's say that I just want to make an assignment.…In other words,…I want to show in cell F-2 another value…from the pivot table.…In this case I'm looking for the July 2014…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.