- In addition to the basic rounding functions…of ROUND, ROUNDUP, and ROUNDDOWN…there are four other rounding type functions…that you might want to know about.…One is called TRUNC, like the word truncate.…So in column C we see the truncate function…being used right here.…The TRUNC function to be more precise.…And all it does is drop the pennies.…So for example, 365.84 it simply ignored them…and gives us a 365.…And it's happening here,…3.85, we should get 3.00 dollars,…23.38 we get 23 and so on.…
All these are using the TRUNC function.…Now a similar function is called INT,…think of the word integer, it's as if we're saying…we only care about the integer portion of this.…Now it sounds like we're saying exactly…the same thing as trunc and when we look…at the two examples here, and actually we can see this…a bit better if I press ctrl + ~,…we can see them both together.…All these uses of TRUNC and all these uses of INT…in the two examples here are both referring…to the data in column B.…
Let me press ctrl + ~ again…and we're getting the same answers side by side.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.