Instructor Josh Rischin shows how to use Excel Online shortcuts.
- [Instructor] Now, I don't know about you,…but I'm a huge fan of keyboard shortcuts.…When used effectively they can save you…huge amounts of time and effort.…If you'd like to follow along, make sure XOL Shortcuts open.…Some of you may be familiar with Excel desktop shortcuts.…The good news is, many of these…also work within Excel Online.…Select anywhere within the data range…and then select Ctrl + A on the keyboard…and this selects all of the data within the range.…Selecting Ctrl + C on the keyboard…copies that data to the clipboard.…Let's go and select cell G4.…And then select Ctrl + V on the keyboard.…
And this pastes the data into cell G4.…Let's say that we've actually made a mistake.…Selecting Ctrl + Z on the keyboard undoes the last step.…Let's go back into our data range.…Selecting anywhere in the data range,…and then selecting Ctrl + Arrow Down on the keyboard…takes us to the very end of the range.…Selecting Ctrl + Arrow Right…takes us to the very right of the range.…Ctrl + Arrow Up to the very top of the range.…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys