Learn how to use Excel desktop to enhance your Excel Online experience.
- [Instructor] Whilst Excel Online is designed…to work seamlessly with Excel Desktop,…there are differences between the two.…But don't worry, if you also have Excel Desktop…it is easy to enhance your Excel Online experience.…Now if you'd like to follow along with me,…then have XOL Enhancing open.…Once this file is open, what you will notice…is we have a very basic data set.…But what I want to do is create a text box.…However if we navigate to our menus at the very top…of the screen, and click through each of them…you'll notice that there is no option to create a text box.…
But did you know that if you have Excel Desktop…it is still possible to create one…and see it in Excel Online?…Well let's go into it.…Click on open in Excel.…The file will now open in Excel Desktop.…What we can do now, is click on the insert menu,…and you will notice that we have the option…to create a text box all the way across to the right.…I'm going to click on the drop down box,…select text box and with my mouse…I'm just going to left click and drag…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Using Excel Online shortcuts
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating and editing charts
- Designing and creating forms
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.