Instructor Josh Rischin outlines how to use Excel desktop to enhance your Excel Online experience.
- [Narrator] While Excel Online is designed…to work seamlessly with Excel Desktop,…there are differences between the two.…But don't worry, if you have Excel Desktop,…it is easy to enhance your Excel Online experience.…Now if you'd like to follow along,…make sure you have XOL Enhancing open.…What you'll notice when we open the file,…in this data set is a customer ID, purchase code,…transaction type, and an amount.…If we highlight our data set and then navigate to our menus,…you'll notice that there is no option…to insert a pivot table.…But don't worry, for those of you who have Excel Desktop,…it is easy to add this feature.…
Simply click on Edit in Excel.…Once Excel Desktop is open, select the data range once more,…navigate to Insert, and select Pivot Table.…Once the dialogue box is open,…leave the default settings and then click on okay.…Once the pivot dialogue box appears, navigate to the options…and drag transaction type as a row filter,…and drag the amount as values,…and you'll notice that the pivot table…has automatically been updated.…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.