For specialized filters, like filtering only for those records containing Wednesday in a date field, set up a criteria range where the entry in the top row is blank and the entry in the cell just below it is a formula that tests if the fist date in the list is a Wednesday, like: =WEEKDAY(D7)=4.
- [Voiceover] On this worksheet called Specialized,…I've got a list of about 900 entries,…we're talking about transactions,…and you can see by viewing any one of the records…here what's going on.…We've got salespersons selling different products,…they can all sell to different regions,…by customers, date, but we're trying to find…something that we can't get to with the standard filter.…Now, if you've seen the previous movie,…you know that if you're about to use Advanced Filter,…it's best to set up an area…above the data, copy the titles.…We'll be using the area up here for a criteria range.…
I'd like to be able to focus on just our Tuesday sales.…Whether that's high or low, we don't necessarily know…that yet, but how do we isolate data by day of the week?…You might or may not be familiar…with the function called Weekday.…I'm gonna be using this off here to the right…just for demonstration purposes.…=weekday, the answer we get if we apply…the Weekday function to a date…is gonna be somewhere from one through seven.…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Workshop: Working with Real-Time Datawith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Data-Analysis Fundamentals with Excelwith Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.