Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Advanced Filter for specialized filters, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this worksheet called Specialized, we see…it's set up already,…as in our previous movie,…to take advantage of the fact…that we want to use the Advanced Filter.…So our field names are across the top of the screen.…Now, what we'd like to be able to do…is to analyze our sales.…This list is a large list of some 900 rows.…We wanna track the sales for a certain day, let's say.…As a reminder, you may not be familiar…with the function we're about to use.…I'm gonna click in cell E8.…I don't know what day of the week that is,…but off to the right,…I'm going to type in =weekday.…
The answers here will be one through seven.…One is Sunday, two is Monday, et cetera.…So that particular day,…as I press enter here,…is a 3, therefore, it's a Tuesday.…Now, maybe for the moment I'm interested in Wednesdays,…but that bit of information is valuable…because we're about to use this…in the area above our worksheet,…which ultimately will become the criteria range.…Now,…I'd like to be able to do it this way,…=weekday…=3,…but we have to refer to a certain cell,…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.