Based on a list that contains duplicate records, you can create a "clean" list with all duplicates removed by using the Advanced Filter feature and ignoring the Criteria range completely. Select the option Copy to another location, select an address to hold the results, and check the Unique records only option.
- [Voiceover] We're viewing a worksheet…called duplicate data and you might already have seen…that rows seven and eight appear to be duplicates.…Now if it's a question of getting rid…of duplicate rows in our list,…we can refer to a feature on the Data tab…called Remove Duplicates.…That gets the job done.…In fact, the two rows don't even have to be…adjacent to one another although often they would be.…We can certainly use that feature.…But we sometimes want to keep the list…and yet from it create a unique list…and we'll first of all do this for the entire list,…but then focus on column C only…because we might want a unique list that shows…all of our departments, but shows them only once.…
So let's first click within the data…and go to Advanced Filter.…Now you might have seen in a previous movie…how this requires a criteria range,…but the way we're going to be using it here,…we won't need a criteria range.…What are we about to do?…First of all, we are about to look not just at column C.…Now the reason this is highlighted…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktopwith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.