Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Advanced Filter for complex "or" criteria, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- Excel standard filtering capable for most situations…for most people most of the time,…cannot handle certain kinds of situations.…And one of them we're about to show you…with this list here on a worksheet called Complex OR.…Imagine that we want to pick from the list here…any entry, any record where the Years…of Service is 15 or more…or the Compensation amount is over 80 thousand.…We can choose and but we can't really choose the OR,…can't use the OR concept here on these two columns.…
Now there is an alternative way of doing this…and it's by way of the Advanced Filter.…So we can turn this Filter off, doesn't hurt…to leave it on but I'll just simply click in here…and on the Data tab,…click the Filter button to turn it off.…Now there are different approaches…to creating a set up area for what we call…an Advanced Filter.…Most books or articles on an Advanced Filter…suggest the following:…select five or six rows on the left side of your worksheet…and insert empty rows above them.…So we can simply right click and Insert.…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.