Learn how to use the Excel Online Accessibility Checker.
- [Instructor] Some of you may be aware…that there is an accessibility standard…for ICT applications.…And luckily there is a simple way…to check for this in Excel Online.…If you'd like to follow along with me…then have XOL Access open.…Once the file is open,…what you'll notice is a simple pie chart.…If we navigate to the Review tab,…and then select Accessibility Checker,…you'll notice that an error has appeared…that says Missing Alt Text,…and that means that there is some alternate text…that we need to include in chart one.…
If we navigate back to our chart,…and right click on it,…then select Alt Text,…Let's include a Title, Alternate Text,…and then under the Description…let's include a description that says…A summary of annual Profit by Company.…Click on OK,…then select Recheck under the Accessibility Checker,…and you'll notice that the text accessibility check…is complete appears.…And this means that the file is now ready for use…by people with disabilities.…
At the bottom of the screen,…there is a hyperlink if you would like to know more…
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Using Excel Online shortcuts
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating and editing charts
- Designing and creating forms
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting to Know Excel Online
2. Working Seamlessly with Excel Online and Excel Desktop
3. Collaborating with Excel Online
4. Charting in Excel Online
5. Creating Forms with Excel Online
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.