The AGGREGATE function gives you tabulation options, including SUM, AVERAGE, and 17 other functions, automatically displayed as you type the function. Other options let you ignore cells in a range that contain errors, are part of a hidden row, or those that contain AGGREGATE and SUBTOTAL functions.
- [Voiceover] On this worksheet called Aggregate,…we've got a list over in columns A through H,…I'll double click the active cell,…just to point out how deep this goes, down to our 742.…And we're trying to get some totals here,…now, in column J, our various formula,…and they're all ending up with errors,…different kinds of errors here.…Column K, by the way, is using relatively new function…in excel, it simply shows us what the…formula is in column J, this is called formula text.…So, that's handy, this is like documentation…for the cells, just to the left.…
So, we've got problems in all cases here.…We're trying to tabulate data, as you can see…in all these examples, out of columns F and G.…And here's an average function being used, right here.…You might have seen how to use this in a prior movie.…The average of function here is trying to tabulate…the average compensation amounts for all…of our full time people, using the data, of course,…in column G, but it's not working.…And the reason is, we've got arrows in column G.…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel Workshop: Working with Real-Time Datawith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Data-Analysis Fundamentals with Excelwith Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Learn Microsoft Power BI Desktop: The Basicswith Gini von Courter2h 55m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.